Boscobelle Primary are the champions of the Pine Hill Dairy-sponsored Primary Schools Netball Tournament.
Today the St. Peter school defeated Blackman & Gollop 8-7 in a thrilling game at the Netball Stadium.
Before a large crowd the highly promising Akila Rouse showed lots of composure as she sank five goals from six attempts to lead her school to victory. It was a close game throughout with several lead changes as the two teams gave no quarter.
However, at half-time Blackman & Gollop had a slight advantage leading five goals to three but Boscobelle quickly made up the differentiation in the second period. Kayla Hurley gave Rouse good support netting three goals from seven attempts.
Late in the game a good piece of defensive play by Boscobelle’s wing-defence led to an interception and the tying goal for Boscobelle at 5-5.
With the momentum with her team, Rouse would find the net once again as Boscobelle took a 6-5 lead.
Two further goals from Rouse and Hurley, a long range effort by the latter, saw Boscobelle to eight goals.
Two turn-overs by Blackman & Gollop in promising offensive positions cost them dearly late in the game and though they would get late goals from Reanna Woodroffe and the hard-working Deanna Ramsay, time ran out on them and the title was headed for the north. (WG)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App