Public schools will close for summer recess next week.
The last day at school for students will be Thursday, July 4, while teachers will proceed on vacation after Friday, July 5.
Nine weeks have been allocated for the 2013 summer holidays, following which the School Year 2013-2014 will begin for teachers on Monday, September 2 and for students on Monday, September 9.
According to the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation, there will be 38 weeks of instruction for the new school year.
The Michaelmas Term (Term I) will run for 14 weeks, ending for students on Thursday, December 12, 2013 and for teachers on Friday, December 13, 2013.
During this term, there will be Teachers’ Professional Day, occurring on Friday, October 18. However, there will be no mid-term break.
The Hilary Term (Term II), which starts at the beginning of 2014, will be for 13 weeks, beginning Monday, January 6, for teachers and Tuesday, January 7, for students. The term will end on Thursday, April 3 and Friday, April 4, for students and teachers, respectively.
Term III, also called the Trinity Term, will last for 11 weeks. Teachers will begin on Monday, April 22, 2014 while students will be back in the classroom on Tuesday, April 23. The term ends on Thursday, July 3 for students and Friday, July 4 for educators.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App