The Official Funeral for the late Sir Richard Haynes, a former Cabinet minister and member of the House of Assembly will take place on Tuesday, July 2, at St. George Parish Church.
The service of thanksgiving will begin at 3:30 p.m. and will be followed by the interment at the same location. The body will repose at the church, for two hours, starting at 1:30 p.m. and members of the public, who wish to do so, will be able to pay their respects at that time.
Meanwhile, a condolence book has been opened at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital’s foyer, and persons are invited to sign on Saturday, June 29, and Monday, July 1, between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Members of the public should also note that the funeral service is open to everyone and that no tickets are required for entry.
Sir Richard passed away last Sunday.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App