We are aware of the so-called “good cop — bad cop” routine. Is it possible that our Minister of Education Ronald Jones is playing the part of the so-called “bad cop” while the Prime Minister is playing the part of the “good cop,” well — sort’a “good cop?” I wonder who’s afraid of the label?
Meanwhile, it looks as if there has been a role reversal between one Cabinet post and a non-Cabinet position. Remember when it was said that the Governor of the Central Bank was the creature of the Minister of Finance; now that it’s obvious that the Prime Minister is publicly taking advice direct from the Governor instead of the minister, looks like the minister is a creature of the governor, not so? Who’s running scared?
Okay, we have that magic number of some $400 million which is supposed to start us on the road to…? To: The Five Seasons, sorry Four Seasons; payments to the university; reimbursing NIS; monthly and weekly payments of salaries and wages; keeping government corporations afloat, etc. Where does the Government start to cut and thrust?
Ouch! Not here, not there, the Cabinet members scream as each defends his/her throne. No, Prime Minister, we are afraid. We are afraid of the people.
— Michael Rudder
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App