Last weekend was certainly a busy one and the island’s roving photographer Wendell Bailey was out and about, as is customary, taking in the many sights and sounds.
Two of the events we feature in today’s edition are the Soca Therapy Boatride aboard the Jolly Roger and B.R.C’s Last Man Standing Fete at the Kensington Oval.
The who’s who of the local soca circuit gathered on the Jolly Roger for the Soca Therapy event which recognised the contributions of artists including Blood, TC, Mr. Dale, and others. Then it was party time and the crowd wined and wukked to the sweet live music by said entertainers, along with RPB, Soca Kartel, Lorenzo and Brett Linton.
To say a fun time was had by the on-board posse, well the photos said it all.
At Kensington, it was certainly a fete ’til morning come when bragging rights would go to the “last man standing”. The women and men came out to party and party they did until the sun came up, and it appeared in the words of Edwin The General Yearwood that the crew indeed did not want to go! Enjoy the recap. (LB)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App