KINGSTON — The West Indies Cricket Board today announced a 13-member West Indies squad for the Trinidad and Tobago leg of the CELKON Mobile Cup Tri-Series that also involves India and Sri Lanka.
The WICB Selection Panel has called up fast-bowling all-rounder Jason Holder as the replacement for injured Ravi Rampaul. The 21-year-old Holder made his One-Day International debut in Australia in February and has so far played two ODIs. He was a member of the West Indies squad to the ICC Champions Trophy in England last month, but did not play a match.
West Indies lead the table in the CELKON Mobile Cup tournament with nine points from two matches. They defeated Sri Lanka by six wickets on Friday to earn a bonus point, and had a one-wicket win in a thriller over India on Sunday.
Squad: Dwayne Bravo (captain); Tino Best; Darren Bravo; Johnson Charles; Chris Gayle; Jason Holder; Sunil Narine; Kieron Pollard; Denesh Ramdin; Kemar Roach; Marlon Samuels; Darren Sammy; Devon Smith.
Friday, July 5: West Indies vs India – Queen’s Park Oval
Sunday, July 7: West Indies vs Sri Lanka – Queen’s Park Oval
Tuesday, July 9: Sri Lanka vs India – Queen’s Park Oval
Thursday, July 11: Grand Final: 1st place team vs 2nd place – Queen’s Park Oval
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App