Barbados’ mass casualty system was pressed into action early this morning when a ZR van collided with a tractor on Bourbon Road, St. Lucy.
Fire, police and ambulances and several medical officials responded to the scene where 16 people were reportedly injured in the 6:55 crash.
Police spokesman, Station Sergeant Stephen Griffith said of the 16 injured, 10 were treated at the Maurice Byer Polyclinic in St. Peter, while the other six were transferred to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for further treatment.
The driver of the van was identified as Andr√ Corey Simmonds of Bloomsbury, St. Thomas, while John Riley of Shorey Village, St. Andrew was driving the tractor. Both reportedly sustained injuries in the crash.
Police are still investigating. (LB)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App