The Barbados Soccer Academy’s Under-14 team playing in Group “A” in their age category, recently won their first match against Knights FC in the Robbie Soccer Tournament, but lost the other two matches in Group “A” in Toronto, Canada.
The academy went down to Mooredale Gold 1-0 and Boucherville Express 4-3. These games were very competitive and intense with over 2000 spectators witnessing each match. Mooredale are the champion team in the Toronto region.
In a friendly encounter in Pickering, the Barbados Soccer Academy Under-14 team drew with Pickering 1-1 after leading 1-0 at half time. Over 200 Barbadians witnessed this match, inclusive of employees from the Barbados Consulate in Toronto.
The team continued with a match late this evening against Mooredale Lightning at Varsity Stadium at the University of Toronto.
The BSA Under-14 team will also compete in the Toronto Soccer Festival tomorrow and Sunday. This competition has attracted a number of teams, and coach Emmerson Haynes said that the team was playing extremely well, and he was very confident that the youngsters would win this competition.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App