TOBAGO — Shamari Springer starred with both bat and ball and continued his fine form in the WICB/THA Regional Under 17 Tournament as Barbados remained unbeaten in the 2013 edition of the competition.
Batting first at Shaw Park, Barbados again piled on the runs on their opponents. Springer top scored for his team with 53 that included seven boundaries in his unbeaten 45-ball knock. Akiel Greenidge also stood up for Barbados, stroking 46.
Barbados ended on 225 all out, falling one ball short of completing their 50-over allotment. Daryl Cyrus was the Windwards’ best bowler, finishing with figures of 10-1-38-4.
The Windwards’ chase got off to a solid start as the opening pair put on 58 runs for the first wicket. On 38 though, Kyle Cabey was run out for 38 by Greenidge. Chad Charles made 37.
From there on, wickets fell consistently. Ryan John played well for his 46, hitting one four and one six. However, his efforts weren’t enough as the Windwards were all out for 180 in 46.3 overs. Deswin Currency took 4 for 26.
In other matches Leeward Islands defeated Guyana by 20 runs, while Jamaica defeated Trinidad and Tobago by two wickets. (windiescricket)
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App