The Barbados Soccer Academy’s Under-14 team defeated Mooredale Lighting 1-0 at the Varsity Stadium at the University of Toronto, Canada, over the weekend.
In the first half of the game both teams were very competitive and showed much skill especially in defence. At the half-time whistle neither team had managed to breach the other’s back line for that elusive opening goal.
However, on resumption the Barbadian lads showed greater enterprise than their hosts and were rewarded for their industry. The hard-working Sheran Hoyte found himself in an isolated position just outside the 18-yard box, took aim and blazed a sizzling shot goal past the stunned Mooredale goalkeeper.
The Barbados Soccer Academy team will be participating in the Caribbean Stars Soccer Fest over the next few days. These games will be played at the McCowan Park, 150 Mccowan, Scarborough, Ontario.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App