The Lodge School “A” team came out victorious in the Under-15 section of the United Insurance Secondary Inter- school Team Chess championship played recently.
Lodge “A” amassed 47 points out of a possible 50, with the opposing teams being able to get only one draw and one win over 25 games in the five matches they played.
The team led by top rated local junior Yutien Poon on board 1, along with Jeran Coppin, O’shara Mason, Sherwyn Ellis, Shaquan Jones and reserve Royston Hoyte held all comers and in the last round blitz the Lodge “C” team 10-0 to cap a memorable tournament.
In second position was the Harrison College team who finished on 38 points, some distance behind the overall winners. The team of Gabriella Cumberbatch, Caleb Grosvenor, Asha Chadderton, Jacob Pile and Dario Marshall had success over all the other teams that they played, but went down to the Lodge A team 3 – 7. However board 2 player Caleb Grosvenor can claim some personal glory as he defeated Lodge A’s Jeran Coppin when College battled the Lodge A team.
In third position was the Lodge “B” team of Fabio Layne, Matthew Worrell, Naijah Porter, Terrel Davis, Rashad Gibson, Tyrell Cherubin-Alleyne and Ramon Robinson. They finished on a credible 28 points. Rounding out the top four teams were Queen’s College on 26 points in fourth position.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App