Early Wednesday morning, Team Mikey received a special donation from the St. Lucy Primary School.
Lucia Husbands, a teacher at the school, contacted the Charity, stating that the students of the school wished to participate in the Charity’s give back program. Things were then set in motion and over a period of two weeks donations were collected at the school. Mikey thanked Husbands and the principal of the school – Anderson Jordan – for encouraging the children to get involved in helping others and noted that if this behaviour is nurtured at a young age it would bode well for our society as these children mature into adults.
From St. Lucy Primary, the group proceeded to The Violet Gittens Centre – which now houses the Nightengale and Haynesville Children’s Homes. Two students of the school – Juneisha Maynard and Dynesha Skeete, along with Mikey, presented the basket to Gloria Grace, Jones and Gilkes who were delighted to accept on behalf of the Centre. They emphasised that every donation helps and felt especially touched that this donation was provided by children to help children.
Mikey noted that the Charity was continuing to receive calls and donations from organizations like
St. Lucy Primary, who wanted to get involved and said anyone who felt inspired to do so may contact the Charity at firstname.lastname@example.org, send a message through the Facebook page or call 823-4196.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App