On Friday night, 150 people sailed across the ocean on board the Jolly Roger.
It was the Ciroc All White Summer Boatride hosted by the five-member group SUV Boyz.
Maurice Tudor told Barbados TODAY the group of friends came together five years ago to provide a more premium party during Crop-Over.
“We’ve been hosting parties at Lion Castle, Holder’s House, Hilton hotel in order to facilitate a different element to Crop-Over. We also hosted premium sections in Crop-Over bands,” he said.
He disclosed that they had been losing money over the years, but continued to stage the upscale events for those with discerning taste. They have hosted all inclusive events where patrons have the opportunity to dine on premium food and drinks and go places they might not go ordinarily.
Tudor said that as a smaller group it was challenging to get sponsorship but they have continued.
“It is for the love of it and providing people with something that they will never get to do. Our next event will be at the Presidential Suite at Kensington Oval, no one had ever had an event there and we have secured one,” he said while expressing gratitude to the sponsor of the cruise Ciroc.
The other members of the group are Ryan Atherley, Rudy Moore, Kelan McCalla and Ryan Gomes.
The group’s Sunset event will be held later this year, in September. (DS)
Wendell Bailey’s Photos
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App