KINGSTON — A Red Hills Road community is now tense, after two brothers were allegedly killed by the police last night.
The dead men have been identified as 29-year-old Gary Cooke and 20-year-old Soyoga Cooke of Kingston addresses.
Residents of the community mounted roadblocks some time after the incident which transpired minutes after 11 p.m., however, it was soon cleared by the police.
Residents allege that Soyoga Cooke was dropping his brother Gary Cooke at a friend’s house in the community when they were stopped by the police and asked what they were doing there.
The residents further claim that the police opened fire on Soyoga killing him and when his brother Gary made an attempt to run he was also killed.
The police say a semi-automatic pistol was recovered. (Gleaner)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App