The Straw Hats Posse, known for their song Silvia, is doing big things this Crop-Over season.
Member of the posse Rene King who wrote the song Spice It Up told Barbados TODAY in a telephone interview today, that this is the best Crop-Over in his opinion.
“Everything is going good so far and we are [in the process] of doing a video in addition to a remake of the song Spice it Up, everything is smooth,” he said.
Anthony Harris, from the four member group which started in 2009 is also known for its Crop-Over fetes which are held at the Barbados Port Inc,’s Sports Club.
“We have been hosting an event called Get Set Tuesdays and this year we merged with another group called Warrens Connection hosting another event called BRAS Party which represents Beer, Rum and Soca,” he said.
He added that sponsorship in terms of hosting the events has been challenging because of the economic crisis as companies have been holding back.
“It has been very difficult to acquire the level of sponsorship we having been hoping to have to host these events. … [On another note] last year the song Get Set which was written by Dale Rudder was used as our event theme for the year,” Harris said.
They have three more events slated for the Crop-Over season and Straw Hat Posse will be considering a cruise later this year.
He mentioned that the song Silvia was entered into the Sweet Soca Competition. (MR)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App