The show must go on! After Mariah Carey dislocated her shoulder while filming a new music video for #Beautiful on Sunday, July 7, husband Nick Cannon says she insisted the crew continued working while she went to the hospital.
“She’s such a trooper,” Cannon, 32, told the TODAY show on July 9. “I was going to rush to the hospital with her, [but she said,] ‘You get back in there and finish that video!’ Then, after they put [her] shoulder back in place, bandaged her all up, she came back to the video early in the morning and finished out everything.”
On Monday, Carey’s rep told Us Weekly in a statement: “Mariah injured herself while filming a video with Jeezy for the remix of #Beautiful, directed by her husband Nick Cannon. She was taken to hospital late last night, where doctors reset her shoulder. She is fine.”
But Cannon said his wife’s injuries were worse than initially reported.
“She was in this nice, beautiful gown, heels on and everything, and was kind of on this platform and reached and slipped and fell on her whole side,” Cannon recalled. “It was pretty serious. Not only did she dislocate her shoulder, she actually cracked a rib and . . . she chipped her shoulder bone.” (Us Weekly)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App