One of the region’s oldest campuses, The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, will achieve another great milestone when it is awarded Institutional Accreditation by the Barbados Accreditation Council next week.
The award ceremony will take place on Tuesday, July 16, at 10 a.m. at BAC’s headquarters, Roebuck Street, where the Certificate of Accreditation will be presented to Professor Sir Hillary Beckles, Pro Vice-Chancellor and Principal of the Cave Hill Campus by Chairman of the Council, Yvonne Walkes.
They will also address the ceremony.
The institutional accreditation of Cave Hill Campus follows on the heels of the recent accreditation of UWI’s Open Campus on Monday, July 8.
According to the BAC, accreditation “has become increasingly relevant in the environment of tertiary education and training, given the current global competitiveness in the educational sector. More than ever now, the onus of accountability to the public and other stakeholders is upon tertiary institutions to maintain internal quality assurance mechanisms”. (BGIS)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App