PORT OF SPAIN — A 24-year-old man was shot dead at his east Port-of-Spain apartment early yesterday, pushing the murder toll for the year to 194.
According to police reports, around 12:30 a.m. residents of Building Four, Harpe Place, East Dry River, called police after they heard several gunshots at their apartment building complex. Detectives from Besson Street Police Station responded to the scene and found the victim, Abayauni Williams, lying in the bathroom of his ground-floor apartment.
Williams had several gunshots wounds to the chest and head. He was taken to the Port-of-Spain General Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. Residents told police they hid in their homes upon hearing the gunshots and were unable to see Williams’ attacker. Investigators said Williams was a member of a gang in his community and believe he was attacked by a member of a rival gang from east Port-of-Spain. (Guardian)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App