On July 1, Barbados pop band NexCyx opened the Cognac Blues Passions Festival with an island-inspired performance. Three days later, the group feted executives with an upbeat stage set at the Mo√t Hennessy LaTAMEC party.
In a concert titled From Blues to Hip-Hop: A Family Story, NexCyx shared the stage with Wyclef Jean at the newly restored former bottling plant of Hennessy. The venue is located on the historic Rue de la Richonne and set the stage for the concert celebration of the festival’s 20th anniversary.
The five-member band performed their newest single, Eternal Summer, along with a set of original hit music. The 45-minute performance also included a high-powered Michael Jackson tribute.
“We were extremely happy to be in France to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Cognac Blues Passions Festival. We were even happier to have shared the stage with Wyclef Jean, who is a great musical mentor and performer; said vocalist Mahalia.
On July 4, NexCyx performed at the Mo√t Hennessy LaTAMEC Party, an internal event for the global brand’s team and business network in Latin America, the Caribbean, Canada, Africa and The Middle East.
Originally planned to run for 15 minutes, the band’s performance time tripled as the 200 VIP guests partied to NexCyx’ original hits and chart-topping singles from contemporary artists, including Maroon 5’s Moves Like Jagger.
The group, named winners of Hennessy’s Chase the music. Own the stage contest in 2012 also met this year’s awardees at the event.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App