As the much anticipated Grand Kadooment draws near, the atmosphere at most band houses is full of high energy.
Veteran bandleader and designer Betty West’s Maxwell Coast Road band house is no different.
When a Barbados TODAY team stopped by this afternoon, teams were busy stitching, gluing on beads and cutting out jackets for costumes while West was fielding calls.
Later in a telephone interview with Hannah Harewood, one of West’s assistants of West’s assistants, said that costumes for the Renewable Energy in De Mas band should be gone within two weeks. She added that there were 20 persons working at the band house and noted that the fastest selling costume band is Bio Energy and “we expect sales to pick up over the weekend”. (MR)
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App