Youth Explosion Grand Kadooment Band house is opened for business.
From around 9:30 in the morning till 9 at night, a group of 15 people, including band designer Renee Ratcliff, gather at Lewis Drug Mart in Rockleym Christ Church where they get down to work, shaping, cutting, gluing, and putting together the costumes to be worn by about 300 revellers.
Band Leader Quincy Jones told Barbados TODAY that he was pleased with the sales of the costumes for this year’s band entitled 3 Cheers for Barbados Hip Hip Horray, which will pay showcase four aspects of the Independence Day parade.
These are the Royal Barbados Police Force, Barbados Defence Force, University of the West Indies and the Boy Scouts and Girl Guides Association.
The band leader also thanked Lewis Drug Mart for donating the space and for contributing to the youth. (DS)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App