Seventeen small builders have been recruited to share in a $1.2 million contract to carry out repairs at 18 primary schools in time for the beginning of the new school term in September this year.
Minister of Education Ronald Jones made this disclosure today during an interview with Barbados TODAY.
Among the 18 primary schools identified were: St. Paul’s, St. Lucy Primary, Selah Primary, St. Giles and St. Catherine Primary School.
The small contractors will be replacing roofs, walk- ways, toilet facilities, windows and building walls where decorative blocks were used originally.
The education minister gave the assurance that all work would be completed in time for the new school term, which is scheduled to begin on September 9.
“The repairs at this time of the year are part of the normal summer works programme which cannot be carried out during the school term,” Jones said. (NC)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App