Tomorrow pan and soca will fill the grounds of Ilaro Court as the Kiwanis Club of Bridgetown holds Soca and Pan.
The all inclusive fund-raising event, which starts at 8 p.m. features Trinidadians David Rudder and Baron while Red Plastic Bag, Biggie Irie, Gabby, Mosaic Steel Orchestra and DJ Chilly are among the Barbadian line-up.
Past President of the Club, Joe Dolphin told Barbados TODAY that they were looking at “capturing a wide audience” with the “quality performers”.
“One of the things we hope to introduce soon is pan in a number of different communities around the island and we want to start later this year, early next year. We just want to stimulate interest and broaden our audience base, those are the two main reasons for the show,” he said.
This is their first ever foray into Crop-Over and while it is too early to say whether they will hold the show again next year, he is hopeful that all goes well tomorrow.
In addition to the performances, patrons can expect “a variety of sumptuous Barbadian, Caribbean and international cuisine as well as “premium beverages.
The funds raised from this event will go towards the Barbados Diabetes Foundation, the Silver Dollars For Children Drive and other Kiwanis Charities. (DS)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App