The contestants are ready, the stage is set and the time is closing in for the grand coronation show of the Miss Barbados World 2013 competition.
On Sunday July 14, at the Savannah Beach Hotel in Hastings, Barbados will know who will be taking the prestigious title and perform ambassadorial duties at the Miss World Pageant in Indonesia this year.
Some 128 countries participate in the Miss World Pageant each year and the coronation show alone attracts over one billion viewers worldwide. Barbados’ participation in this international pageant spells remarkable exposure and potential for its tourism product. For the last three months franchise holder Leah Marville and her team have been committed to this initiative that would give Barbados a chance to be represented on the world stage.
For the past three months the seven delegates have been undergoing personal training and grooming in etiquette and fitness. Additionally each contestant has already launched her own personal charity program as part of the competition’s ‘Beauty with a Purpose’ program. A winner for that category along with others will be announced on Sunday.
The seven delegates are Khadija Moore, Lisa Maynard, Janine Hinkson, Shanica Prescod, Regina Ramgit, Ashley Roberts and Reah Yearwood.
Gates open at 6 p.m. and show starts at 7 p.m.
Further details can be found at the Miss Barbados world website http://www.missbarbadosworldonline.com or Facebook page Miss Barbados World Online.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App