PORT OF SPAIN — Former prime minister Patrick Manning yesterday condemned former national security minister Jack Warner, calling him unfit to hold any office in the country.
On Manning’s Facebook page, he posted this status: “Having read the lead story in the Trinidad Express newspaper today (yesterday) which was supported by evidence. I want to condemn in the strongest manner this most inappropriate fraudulent behaviour of Mr Austin Jack Warner. He is not fit to hold ANY office in Trinidad and Tobago! Kamla Persad Bissessar is also culpable. She has proven to be the absolute worst Prime Minister in this country’s history to have had this type of activity taking place under her watch.”
Up to 7 p.m. the status, which was posted one hour earlier, had 166 likes, 27 comments and 20 people sharing the status.
In the Express article it was reported that Warner solicited millions of dollars from wealthy business interests that do work for the state. (Express)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App