The Community Development Department is teaming up with the Ivy HIV/AIDS Education Committee to host an Art in the Community programme. It will begin with an art exhibition at the Ivy Community Centre, St. Michael on Tuesday, July 30.
Pieces from Cuban-American Visual Artist, Leandro Soto’s children’s exhibition Through the Eyes of Afro-Mexican Youth, will be on display to the public from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. All are invited to attend.
Following the exhibition, Soto will facilitate a workshop for children which will run from August 7 to 14. It will be held at the centre from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., on weekdays.
The Community Development Department is, therefore, inviting children between the ages of nine and 13 to participate in the workshop. To register, interested persons should contact Colin Harewood at the Ivy Community Centre at 427-6916.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App