Che Warner is the top goal-scorer as the 2013 Barbados Hockey Federation’s Hockey 7s National League play-off finals and third place matches get underway tomorrow and Thursday.
Warner has netted 35 goals for United Insurance Empire and will be seeking to improve on that tally in the final when his team come up against Deacons at 8 p.m. on Thursday at the Cave Hill Hockey Turf at the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus.
Combermere School Old Scholars’ Aaron Forde is in second place with 24 goals and he gets the opportunity to increase that tally when CSOS play All Stars in the third-place game tomorrow at Cave Hill at 8 p.m. That game will also give All Stars’ Jemar Small a chance to improve on his 23 goals which currently have him in third position on the scorers’ list for the season.
In women’s action Avengers will take on United Insurance Empire in the final at Cave Hill at 7 p.m. on Thursday. On Tuesday the third-place match will see CSOS take on CGI Maple at 7 p.m.
The leading markswoman for the season has been Corlette Kellman of Deacons with 23 goals, while her team-mate Angela Thompson has scored 17 and Empire’s Dionne Clarke has 16 goals.
So far some 986 goals have been scored during the tournament.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App