Ayisha Haynes is a young business women who has found her niche for Crop-Over.
She owns Skin Dazzle, a company which offers nippies and lip tattoos for women.
She told Barbados TODAY that several women were getting bolder with costumes and there were others who wanted to wear those daring costumes but were a little hesitant.
This is where the nippies come in.
“They say ‘yes I have on the bra and the panty’ but I want to have extra coverage. I had done some research and realised there was a need for it here,” she said and noted that most of the nippies “go a day or two before” Grand Kadooment.
“I always go to the band house- Island Fusion- so when they come to collect their (Foreday Mornin’) costumes, they will look them over, some will choose then or others will call or send me a message on Facebook. Some people call me on the morning of Kadooment Day.
“Right now sales are a little bit slow but I do expect them to pick up. I still have a week or two in which to play with,” she said.
The businesswoman said this was the first year for her and interest was growing. She also set up a Facebook page -Skin Dazzle – so prospective customers can get more information.
Apart from Crop-Over, she said that women can wear the nippies under sheer shirts, or with those outfits that you cannot wear a bra with. (DS)
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App