The Leeward Islands pulled off a remarkable come-from-behind victory against Barbados on the final day of their second round WICB Under-19 match at Conaree in Basseterre, St. Kitts today.
After resuming on 24 for two having been set a target of 303, the Leeward Islands reached the winning target for the loss of nine wickets with 3.2 overs of the final 15 overs of the day left to go.
Tristan Hanley finished unbeaten on a superb 74 to lead the Leeward Islands victory chase while he got good support from Jeremiah Louis who chipped in with a polished 69.
For Barbados, Aaron Jones took 3 for 67 and Jofra Archer captured 2 for 67 but that final scalp eluded them.
Barbados scored 254 in their first innings and had routed the Leeward Islands for 126. Barbados then sped to 174 for 3 before declaring their innings. (WG)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App