PORT OF SPAIN — The Government’s legal offensive was yesterday directed at Jack Warner, interim leader of the Independent Liberal Party.
As the battle for Chaguanas West intensified, the pre-action protocol missiles continued. This time, however, it was fired by Minister of the People Dr Glenn Ramadharsingh at his former United National Congress colleague.
Ramadharsingh’s pre-action protocol letter from attorney Kelvin Ramkissoon yesterday accused Warner of making “baseless, false and malicious” statements about him. The letter is calling on Warner to make an “unqualified apology” on terms agreed to by Queen’s Counsel.
Warner’s utterances represented “a continuum of spurious and unwarranted vilification against his good name and commendable work”, the letter stated.
The letter is also deman
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App