Every worthwhile goal in life takes time and at the Little By Little Preschool and Summer Camp in Deacons, St. Michael the goal is to have the children enjoy their summer while perfecting their craft and kitchen skills.
Camp Coordinator Grace Nurse told Barbados TODAY that the camp with approximately 30 children ages three to six year, was running smoothly.
“Everyday we try to do something different, whether it is baking, cooking, craft, games on particular days and tours,” Nurse said. “The last tour will be Farley Hill or King George V Memorial Park and prior to this they will be going to the Concorde Experience and Flower Forest where they will be able to see and name the different plants and flowers.”
She identified the major difference of the camp this year was the fact that Little By Little was not seeing the children in the older age groups such as seven to nine who would normally be tutored in Grammar and Spelling and a bit of advanced cooking.
“The children love this camp; they look forward to the things that we do. They want to know every morning are we going out today? Are we going to bake today? Are we going to cook today? I think they are really enthusiastic to find out the different experiences of what we are going to do and how we are going to go about doing it,” she added.
Nursed noted that competition arising from the large number of camps on the island was a challenge. (MR)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App