Noted American actor Mark Wahlberg has taken an equity interest in the Barbados Tridents team set to get the Limacol Caribbean Premier League underway at Kensington Oval tomorrow.
“I’m excited to be a part of the Limacol Caribbean Premier League because I know cricket is huge in the Caribbean and a rich part of the region’s heritage,” said Wahlberg.
“Sports and entertainment are a powerful combination, and the LCPL will appeal to a huge audience worldwide. Thanks to my dear friend Ajmal Khan who introduced me to Barbados and the LCPL, I am a huge cricket fan now.”
Wahlberg added he was also attracted to the youth development aspect of the LCPL which benefited the entire community as young men were encouraged to pursue their passions, stay focused and plan for their futures.
Khan, chairman of Verus International and founder of the LCPL, said Wahlberg’s involvement in the LCPL would bring global celebrity appeal to the tournament.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App