Barbados recorded one of its best performance at the Caribbean Junior Squash Championships held in Trinidad and Tobago recently.
The Barbados team won three gold medals with Meagan Best taking the Girls’ Under-13 title, Khamal Cumberbatch capturing the Boys’ Under-13 crown and Gylla Mackenzie copping the Girls’ Under-17 championship.
Talented Amanda Haywood put in a sterling performance to win the silver medal in the Under-15 Girls’ competition.
The boys’ and girls’ teams took the bronze medal by defeating hosts Trinidad and Tobago. A beaming coach Rhett Cumberbatch told Barbados TODAY on his arrival at the Grantley Adams International Airport yesterday that he was extremely proud of the team’s performance.
Last year the girls placed sixth and the boys seventh, Cumberbatch, who was in charge of the team for the first time, said he expected even better results next year. (DH)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App