Patrons, who attend the Freedom Walk and Historic Tour on Emancipation Day, Thursday, will be able to access a shuttle service after the event.
When the walk and tour end at Independence Square in The City, the shuttles will take patrons to the Sky Mall and the Standard Complex car parks, Haggatt Hall, St. Michael, where parking is available for the event. The shuttle service will be offered at 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Meanwhile, persons are reminded that they should gather at the Emancipation Statue, JTC Ramsay Roundabout, Haggatt Hall, St. Michael at 6 a.m. for the Emancipation ceremony, which has been organised by the non-governmental organisations.
The walk and tour will begin at 8 a.m. from that location, and walkers will proceed to Independence Square in The City.
At 10 a.m., Minister of Culture, Sports and Youth, Stephen Lashley is slated to give the feature address at the cultural presentation.
Admission is free. Interested persons should register for the Freedom Walk and Historic Tour – From Emancipation to Independence, online at www.ticketpal.com.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App