There was a festival like atmosphere at Kensington Oval last night.
A Crop-Over fever took over the cricketing mecca when the opening ceremony of the Limacol Caribbean Premier League took place.
The Barbados Tridents, lead by Kieron Pollard, beat the St. Lucia Zouks in an exciting opening match, to the delight of the hundreds of fans who witnessed the spectacular opening ceremony which featured a parade of Junior Kadooment bands including costumes from Gwyneth Squires and Deacons Primary School as well as Grand Kadooment costumes. A band which played some of the most popular tunes as well as performances from Soca Queen Alison Hinds, Mikey, Konshens and Kes the band, which performs the CPL’s theme song.
For those patrons who might have missed out on the events of the festival so far, the ceremony gave them a show of what is billed as the sweetest summer festival. (DS)
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App