Sir Hilary Beckles and others have presented compelling moral and legal arguments for reparations from Britain for Caribbean slavery.
Recent reparation payments to other victim groups suggest that the payment of Caribbean’s reparation claims is achievable. We currently have national and regional task forces pursuing reparations, and our Minister of Culture has recently declared that we should continue to pursue them.
The UK appears not to want to discuss the issue of reparations. What the various reparations groups want as a first step is an honest discussion.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App