DUBAI — Iran’s new President Hassan Rouhani said today he was “seriously determined” to resolve a dispute with the West over Tehran’s nuclear programme and was ready to enter “serious and substantive” negotiations on the issue.
But, speaking during his first news conference as president, he said the other side should realise that a solution could be reached “solely through talks, not threats”.
He said he was confident the concerns of both sides could be removed in a short time. (Reuters)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App