West Indies world-rated batter Deandra Dottin was at her dominant best smashing a century as Barbados defeated Grenada by 236 runs in round two of the Regional Women’s Super50 Tournament at La Sagesse in Grenada today.
Batting first the powerful middle-order batter slammed the Grenada bowling to all parts of the field as she rushed to her ton before eventually falling for 103 in the 42nd over with the Barbados score on 246 for 6. Dottin got excellent assistance from Pamela Lavine who has been having a good all-round tournament. Lavine slammed 55 as Barbados ended on 303 for 9 in their 50 overs.
In response the hosts were never in the game capitulating to 67 all out in the 27th over. Talented Under-19 Barbados captain Shaquana Quintyne showed her class as she took 3 for 20 with her leg-breaks but Danielle Small ended with the best figures of 4 for 21.
It was a positive showing from the Bajans after the disappointment of their two-wicket defeat at the hands of Trinidad and Tobago in their opening fixture on Monday.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App