A sterling performance by former West Indies all-rounder Pamela Lavine could not prevent Trinidad & Tobago from defeating Barbados by two wickets in the opening round of the regional Women’s Super50 tournament at Beausejour ground yesterday.
Batting first, Barbados were all out for 138 in the 39th over with Lavine top-scoring with 58. She got excellent assistance from teenage West Indies leg-spinner Shaquana Quintyne who chipped in with 44. Kirbyina Alexander was the best of the Trinidad bowlers bagging 5 for 38.
Trinidad and Tobago made heavy weather of the small target losing wickets steadily until finally finishing on 135 for 8 in the 43rd over. Shenelle Lord top-scored with 34 while West Indies captain Merissa Aguilleria made 34.
Lavine then starred with the ball capturing 3 for 18 while West Indies all-rounder Deandra Dottin, back in the Barbados squad, had 2 for 12.
Barbados 134 all out (38.3 overs) (Pamela Lavine 58, Shaquana Quintyne 44; Kirbyina Alexander 5-38, Alisa Mohammed 2-11, Stephanie Ramcharan 2-26).
Trinidad & Tobago 135-8 (42.2 overs) (Shenelle Lord 34, Merissa Aguilleria 24, Kirbyina Alexander 13; Pamela Lavine 3-18, Deandra Dottin 2-12).
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App