The Nightengale Children’s Home on Black Rock continues to benefit from the generosity of the staff of the Barbados Port Inc.
It was announced at the Port Inc.’s Fun Calypso Competition that children of the home would also be beneficiaries of the competition, as they would be given school bags for the upcoming term.
The presentation was held last weekend at the Child Care Board. Deputy Director, Denise Nurse, accepted the bags on behalf of the home from Meshell Rawlins, who chairs the Coordinating Committee for the Community Outreach Programme.
Rawlins said that the port was pleased with its association with the Nightengale Children’s Home, which started in January 2012.
“Since adopting the home we have done a number of activities with them, including donating gift baskets for Valentine’s Day, kites during Easter, school bags in July and a Christmas party. Our staff gets a real sense of satisfaction helping the children,” Rawlins said.
The bags donation was made possible through the contributions of sponsors of the calypso competition.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App