Rising tennis player Hannah Chambers will participate in the inaugural Americas Team Games this month in Boca Raton, Florida, with the assistance of United Insurance.
Nine-year-old Chambers, voted the 2012 Female Player of the Year in the under-10 and under 12 divisions, has been invited to the August 11 to 15 Games which are being coordinated by the Blackman Tennis Academy.
Marketing assistant of United Insurance, Trudy Bellamy, recently presented a monetary contribution to the parents of the young player to assist in her participation in the games which are taking place at the academy of former world-ranked Barbados Davis Cup player Martin Blackman.
Players between the ages of 9 to11 from the Caribbean, North, South and Central America are taking part in the games which present the opportunity for players from different countries to participate in team competition, on-court training, educational sessions, and off-court social activities.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App