Management and staff at the Sanitation Service Authority have come in for high praise from Minister of the Environment and Drainage, Dr. Denis Lowe, for “the excellent work done for Crop-Over 2013”.
His made these comments while acknowledging the need to purchase equipment to vacuum large areas littered with garbage to speed-up the cleaning process.
“While the introduction of such equipment would assist, it will not replace the workers who continue to do such a fantastic job.
“I am beyond pleased at the level of the commitment, professionalism and efficiency with which they responded to the Crop Over events,” he noted.
The minister said that he observed many SSA personnel at work in the early hours of the morning to ensure that the streets, which were littered with garbage, were cleaned.
“The work was well co-ordinated and the different groups of staff were well supervised,” he said.
Lowe also commended those persons who had to use heavy equipment, noting they were sensitive to pedestrians and vehicular traffic, while those sweeping the streets were “effective and efficient”.
He added that Barbadians should be proud that while the country was in a heightened state of merriment, those at the SSA worked hard to ensure that the environs remained clean and healthy for all concerned.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App