By next week, some Barbadians could be enjoying better housing conditions and an improvement in the road network in their communities.
That’s because Government recently released $1.5 million to the Urban Development Commission.
Director of the Urban Development Commission, Derek Alleyne, made this disclosure today to Barbados TODAY.
“The sum of money is small and the contracts offered will be equally small, but we have made some commitments to persons and therefore this money will be used to fulfill those promises. We will be paving a road here, digging a well there and replace some boards here,” Alleyne said.
In recent times, neither the UDC nor the Rural Development Commission has been engaged in any significant work due to the scarcity of funds.
It is anticipated that with the release of the funds some persons who were on the waiting list for years will have their dreams fulfilled by the end of this month. (NC)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App