Combermere are the 2013 Barbados Cricket Association’s LIME-sponsored Under-15 Cricket champions.
Today the lads from Waterford wrapped up the formalities over Alexandra by virtue of their narrow first innings lead on day one on Wednesday of the three-day final at Wildey, St. Michael.
They made a valiant effort to win the match outright which an earlier declaration today might have facilitated.
Resuming from their overnight 173 for 3, Combermere took their second innings total to 266 for 8 declared in 140 overs, leaving Alexandra to make 270 for an unlikely victory.
The boys from St. Peter found themselves in trouble from the start of the innings and in danger of losing the match outright. Wickets fell steadily as they failed to come to terms with the bowling of Ranaldo Callender and Runeko Layne who took 3 for 39 and 3 for 20 respectively in Combermere’s late victory bid.
Alexandra slumped to 91 for 8 by the 34th over with Xavier Cumberbatch and Rikeem Headley holding out for the draw.
Openers Jherard Morris-Sealy (25) and Shacolby Corbin (21) were the principal scorers for Alexandra in their second innings.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App