NASSAU — A 23-year-old man was on Saturday charged with raping his 52-year-old mother.
It is alleged that the rape took place on New Providence on August 6.
Acting Chief Magistrate Joyann Ferguson-Pratt told the accused that he was not required to enter a plea.
He was also denied bail and remanded to Her Majesty’s Prisons.
Glendon Rolle, who appeared for the accused, asked the court for an evaluation of his mental state at the Sandilands Rehabilitation Centre.
Ferguson-Pratt denied the request, instead ordering that a medical doctor at HMP‚examine him.
“The doctor will determine if further psychological evaluation is needed,” she said.
If further evaluation is needed, Ferguson-Pratt said she is sure it will be brought to her attention. (Nassau Guardian)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App