For Barbadians young and old who for years have been enchanted by Kung Fu movies, last Saturday’s display of martial arts and more by a group of visiting Chinese was a very special treat.
The event, put on by the Chinese Embassy in Barbados and the Ministry of Culture, and supported by the Barbados China Friendship Association, featured Shaolin Temple monks who are specialists in martial arts, as well as a number of acrobats.
Patrons also saw how organisers added a local flair to the presentation with performances by such Bajan acts as Dancin’ Africa, Adrenalin Dancers and the Pompasetters Tuk Band.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App