The Seventh Annual Ermine Holmes Community Trust Lecture will take place at the auditorium of the St. George Secondary School on August 25 at 6:30 p.m.
The lecture will be delivered by Dr. Erroll Byer, a prominent obstetrician and gynaecologist based in New York.
The title of the lecture is ” A Brief Sojourn across some Cancers in Women”.
Byer was born in St. Jude’s, St. George and received his primary education at St. Jude’s Boys’ School. He attended The Barbados Academy where he began his secondary education.
He later Joined his family in New York where he achieved his high school diploma from Boys High School in Brooklyn. He graduated from New York City College with an Associate Degree in Arts in 1967, from Richmond College with Bachelor of Science degree in 1969.
Byer was admitted to the School of Medicine of the State University of New York where he graduated with a medical degree 1974. His post-specialty training took him to The Graduate Hospital of Philadelphia where he completed programmes in Endoscopy — Advanced Colposcopy, LEEP, LASER; Advanced Diagnostic and Operative Hysteroscopy; Advanced Diagnostic and Therapeutic Operative Laparoscopy.
In 2006, he completed the course requirements leading to the award of a Certificate in Mind Body Medicine.
Byer has been the recipient of many honours and awards in recognition of his professional work, and his service to the wider community.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App