BASSETERRE — Barbados were on the losing end yet again yesterday in their Regional Under-19 50-overs match-up against Guyana at the EGSC.
Batting first in the round three encounter Barbados were skittled out for 85 in 37 overs after winning the toss and opting to bat first. Guyana responded with 86 for 5 in 33.3 overs.
No Barbadian batsman passed 20. Shamar Springer got 19 and Jameel Stuart 16 but that was as good as the scores got for the Bajans. Almost every Guyanese bowler contributed to the Barbadians demise. Herry Greene had 3 for 16 while Shawn Pereira (2 for 6), Romario Shepherd (2 for 8), Ricardo Adams (2 for 25) all picked up wickets.
In their pursuit of the small total, the Guyanese batsmen also endured a stumble but picked themselves up to win by five wickets. An unbeaten 23 from Kamesh Yadram and a solid 21 from opener Tagenarine Chanderpaul, led Guyana’s victory chase.
Springer and Jameel Stuart had one wicket each.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App