There’s going to be “an explosion” of gospel music at Farley Hill National Park on Saturday, August 24.
An array of artists will converge at that historic location for the Alpha & Omega Youth Explosion – Praise Break Edition. These will include some of the island’s most talented young acts — O’brian Ignite, New Life, Tahirah Morris, Russell Blackman, Ramon Omari O’neal Husband and the Alpha & Omega Youth Group.
This Praise Break Edition, which runs from noon to 7 p.m., is free of charge, but there will be plenty of food and drinks on sale. This musical extravaganza climaxes a one-week youth convention arranged by the Alpha & Omega New Testament Church of God at Boscobelle, St. Peter.
Youth Leader and Convention Manager, Hewley Watson, told High Note the convention opens on Sunday, with nightly services continuing thereafter on August 19 to 22.
Convention speakers include Watson himself and Russell Blackman. Watson said that on Friday, August 23,the eve of the Farley Hill concert, Barbadians should especially attend their youth information session titled YOU, which means “Youth Opening Up”.
He noted that this, along with all others events (except of course, the concert), will take place at the church and begin at 7:30 p.m. daily. The theme of the convention is God Is Able.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App