5-7 green bananas
1/2 teaspoon salt (for boiling the green bananas)
1 medium tomato
1 medium onion
1 scallion (green onion / spring onion)
1 clove garlic
1/4 hot pepper
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon olive oil (any cooking oil you like)
1 sprig thyme (dash dried thyme)
Salt – optional (add as needed)
1 can pink salmon
Directions: Since the green fig will require the most time to cook, go ahead and peel, scrape and rinse them. You can also cook them in the skin and peel after they’ve been boiled. In a deep pot put enough water to cover the bananas and bring to a boil. Then add the bananas and salt. Allow to cook for about 20 minutes.
While this cooks, lets prepare the other ingredients. Wash and chop the tomato, scallion, pepper, thyme. Don’t forget the garlic and onion as well.
With the bananas fully cooked, drain and allow to cool. In a large saucepan put the olive oil to heat on a medium heat, then add the onion, garlic and thyme. Let them cook on the medium/low heat for about 3-5 minutes. Next add the green onion, pepper, tomato and black pepper. Let that cook for about 3 minutes.
The next step is to add the can of salmon, including the water it was packaged in and ketchup. Break it up into flaky chunks, give it a good stir and allow to come back up to a gentle simmer. Cook for another couple minutes.
While this cooks, the bananas should be cool enough to touch. Cut them into bite-sized pieces.
The final step is to toss in the cut pieces of cooked bananas into the pot, give it a good stir and allow it to heat through with all the other ingredients in the pot (about 35 minutes) and you’re done.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App